Music

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Darin Leaves

On February 16, 2011 very early in the morning we dropped Darin off at the Reagan National Airport.  From there he flew to Salt Lake City and from there caught a shuttle to take him to the MTC.  He will be serving for two years in the Arizona, Tempe mission.


When his call came, Joe and I were out.  When we got home all the kids were kind of laughing and said we needed to sit down to hear where he'd been called.  Earlier in the day I was thinking it would be funny if he was called to the Tempe, Arizona Spanish Speaking mission.  For some reason I always assumed that Darin would be called to a mission where he would need to learn a language.  Anyway, I jokingly said to Darin "It's the Tempe, Spanish speaking mission." He said, "Well one of those is right." So then I thought, "Oh, South America somewhere." So when he said, "Arizona, Tempe English Speaking" I was totally blown away.  Ben would get home from that same mission in December and Darin would leave in February.  We called the mission home and got special permission for Darin to call his brother to tell him he'd be serving in the same mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment