Music

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Happy New Year 2018

I guess it's that time of year.  Or rather after that time of year.

If you would have told me at the beginning of 2017 that at the end of 2017 I'd be living in Minersville, UT, I would have laughed in your face.  But here we are in Minersville.  (Google map it...yes it's in the middle of nowhere.)

So 2017,  what to say about that.  I guess I'll just do the whole person by person run down.

Joe:  Spent the first few months taking classes at Dixie State University working on getting a teaching certificate.  He applied for several jobs in the Washington County School District and two jobs in the Beaver County School district.  Guess which one he got?  Yup. Joe is now the music teacher at Milford High School.  He enjoys it.  He's doing something with music and both he and his students are learning a lot.  He teaches Jr. High Band, Jr. High Choir, High School Choir, High School Band, a "Madrigals" choir and several guitar classes.  Milford High School has not quite 200 students from 7th to 12th grade.

Jamie:  Nothing new.  I'm a stay at home mom so I just help with homework, drive kids places, etc.  I spent 12 days in June watching KayLee's kids and boy did that ever give me a great perspective on her life.  5 kids age 3 and under.  I now know she is superwoman.  We spent the summer packing, selling a house, buying a house, moving and unpacking.  Our house in St. George was on the market for 1 day before we had a full price offer.  We feel really blessed and lucky about that.  There weren't a lot of choice for houses in the Milford area.  Most were 1100 sq feet or less.  There was one house in Minersville that we felt would work with our family and all the grown up kids coming to visit so that's the one we bought.  It has three stories (which I'm not to thrilled with) But it's on .6 acres.  Lots of room for playing outside. And hey! we're in the country I can have chickens if I want.  And best of all...no HOA.  The kids have way less homework here an there aren't too many opportunities for lessons etc.  But grocery shopping  means driving to another town and we still drive to St George for Orthodontist appointment and other things.

KayLee and Joshua:  Still live in St. George with their adorable triplets and twins.  KayLee works as a therapist one day a week and Joshua is still an ICU nurse. He's doing online classes working towards a degree as a CRNA (nurse anesthetist)

Benjamin:  Got married in September to the perfect girl for him.  We love Michelle.  Ben graduated from BYU and got a job with Boeing.  He'll be moving to Mesa this month and I think he's happy to be moving back to where he considers home.

Darin and Amy:  Darin graduated from BYU in May and was accepted as a Doctoral student at University of Utah.  It has something to do with computers (yeah, I'm not great at remembering the names of everyone's degree).  Amy also finished her degree this December and got a great job with a furniture building company in Salt Lake.  They moved there the end of December. Their son, Micah is so adorable!!!

Melissa: Got married in May!  She and Nolan tied the knot in St. George.  It was a beautiful wedding.   They are now living in Salina, Kansas where Nolan is doing a pharmacy residency and Melissa is working for a non profit organization that helps people with employment.  She is also taking online classes working toward her Bachelor's Degree.

DeeAnn:  Spent the first part of the year going to Dixie State University and working at Fantastic Sam's.  But since her parents up and moved on her, she decided to transfer to UVU.  She is taking classes there and working at Provo City Library shelving books.  You'd think that would be a boring job but DeeAnn really enjoys it.

Adam: Moved, with his girlfriend, Aubrey, to Cleveland Ohio in January 2017 where he has been working nights in a bakery and taking piano lessons, working toward auditioning for music school.  We are proud of him for being able to live so far away from home and take care of himself.

EmmaLee:  EmmaLee loves art.  She especially loves doing artwork on the computer.  For Christmas she wanted Adobe Animate so she could learn how to do animation.  She's having an adjustment going to such a small high school but she is really making an effort.

Nathan: Keeps us on our toes and in laughter.  Nathan would love to be a famous YouTuber and spends a lot of time videoing all aspects of his live.  He actually does have a channel called nunnelvision and he'd be thrilled if you'd subscribe.Click here to see his YouTube channel.
He's in the 4th grade and he has no problem making new friends.  I think the whole town of Minersville know who he is.

So that's it for us.

Hope you have the best 2018!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment